Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

FCPX - Tracked Picture-In-Picture with Perspective for Video

Hi All,

Sorry if I haven't explained this properly in the text below but.... do you know how to create a Picture-In-Picture with tracking & perspective for video.

For example, if I film a street sign as I walk past it and keep the street sign in the centre of the video frame, the perspective of that street sign and any words/pictures on it changes as I walk past it. I already have the "Pixel Film Studios Auto Perspective Tracking" plugin so could easily overlay the street sign with a picture whilst retaining the perspective, but this plugin doesn't allow the use of video footage as the Picture-In-Picture.

How would I change the street sign to have a video clip on it whilst retaining the tracking and perspective of that (Picture-In-Picture) video clip?

Any help/advice or recommended plugins would be greatly appreciated.

Mac mini, macOS 14.4

Posted on Apr 27, 2024 8:21 AM

1 reply

May 1, 2024 11:30 AM in response to Trevs_707

I fail to understand why such a plugin would only work with stills and not video - but then the provider is not with, shall we say, a good reputation, and I would never buy anything from them.

Would it be possible to share a sample video in which one would apply such an effect?

I am wondering if the built-in tracking system in FCP might be leveraged to obtain the desired objective.

FCPX - Tracked Picture-In-Picture with Perspective for Video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.