Bootcamp refuses to download windows support software on MacOS Big Sur 11.7.10

I am having an issue where my bootcamp assistant hangs at the same spot every time I try to partition my drive to set up BootCamp. (Shown below)

I know that everyone says that updating is the way to fix it, but I would not like to turn my Intel Mac into a paperweight by installing MacOS Sonoma.

Is there any other way to get this working? I appreciate any advice.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.7

Posted on Apr 27, 2024 10:29 AM

5 replies

Apr 27, 2024 4:03 PM in response to VVgamer135

VVgamer135 wrote:

I am having an issue where my bootcamp assistant hangs at the same spot every time I try to partition my drive to set up BootCamp. (Shown below)
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/35f31205-7061-41b6-83d5-580adb07f2eb

I know that everyone says that updating is the way to fix it, but I would not like to turn my Intel Mac into a paperweight by installing MacOS Sonoma.

Is there any other way to get this working? I appreciate any advice.

I use macOS Monterey to install Boot Camp and it works runs as well as on Big Sur. You might try at least updating to Monterey- at any rate, the reinstallation of macOS might fix some small hiccup with BCA.

If you really don't want to update at all, you might try simply reinstalling Big Sur - How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

Bootcamp refuses to download windows support software on MacOS Big Sur 11.7.10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.