Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

FCP loading plugins takes forever

Hi everybody. FCP loading plugins (too many) takes forever. Actually it's kind of stuck. I need to load a lot of plugins at the same time. I was wondering if upgrading the RAM from 16gb to 64gb would solve the problem. Or should I stop loading so many plugins together.

My iMac configuration

iMac 2017

CPU 3.8

RAM 16

Hard Fusion 2t

Posted on Apr 28, 2024 4:40 PM

4 replies

Apr 29, 2024 1:04 AM in response to roohnez2024

I don’t expect more RAM to have a significant impact here.

You do have a Fusion Drive, which is not ideal. The best upgrade to your iMac would be a fast external SSD. But if you need only some of those plugins you could move the rest aside, at least temporarily; either by hand or using a little Automator action or Shortcuts shortcut. In a manual fashion you’d have a plug-ins disabled folder and just move them from one folder to another.

FCP loading plugins takes forever

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.