Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Could I recover photos, videos, etc off of my iPad that was not signed into iCloud?

My ipad was completely wiped on saturday. Everythings gone. I had no icloud at the time. Went to apple thinking may be hardwear problem, they did check hardware ok and assume i was hacked. All photos bideos hone the whole shibbang completely empty screen. How do i recover and of my photos videos ect.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 29, 2024 12:47 AM

4 replies

May 3, 2024 10:18 AM in response to Munchkin1488

Munchkin1488 wrote:

Hi, i was told that the files may still be on the chip

Nope. Not after it was wiped.

With that said, there are people that will tell you that the data is still recoverable, but you will find out that they only want your money and when it comes time to produce you photos, they will not be there. Don't fall for those scams.

There was a time where data on a HD was simply marked as available and you could find data, but with todays drives using SSD and Trim technology, all the data is erased to make it available to be reused. That is how it works.

Could I recover photos, videos, etc off of my iPad that was not signed into iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.