Troubles with Safari continue, OS Sonoma 14.4.1

I am still struggling with the Sonoma OS on my iMac computer. Problems primarily with Safari but with the most recent update proves also with iPhoto. Any updates in the future? I have not have a smooth experience since October 2023. I tried all the fixes in the Fall of 2023 (re-install, etc but nothing worked).Is there any way of going back to Ventura or Monterey?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Apr 29, 2024 6:39 PM

1 reply

Apr 29, 2024 8:51 PM in response to Moggie37

Moggie37 wrote:

I am still struggling with the Sonoma OS on my iMac computer. Problems primarily with Safari but with the most recent update proves also with iPhoto. Any updates in the future? I have not have a smooth experience since October 2023. I tried all the fixes in the Fall of 2023 (re-install, etc but nothing worked).Is there any way of going back to Ventura or Monterey?

You can downgrade macOS, but it's quite the process. You'd have to erase your Mac's disk, then reinstall from a bootable installer. Then, you can use your Time Machine backup from a previous macOS version to re-migrate over (naturally, you'll lose anything on the computer after the backup was made).

If you don't have a backup from then, you would have to move everything manually with the Time Machine program after setting up the older version. It's up to you if this would all be worth it.

Erase your Mac - Apple Support

Create a bootable installer for macOS - Apple Support

Troubles with Safari continue, OS Sonoma 14.4.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.