Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Hide my email Issue on Apple Mail won't let me use my other aliases email addresses

Today whithout updating or changing anything on my iCloud+ preferences or Apple Mail settings... While trying to write a new email using Apple Mail on my Mac, I'm getting this very annoying message that I need to:

"Update Your Forward To Email Address Go to Hide My Email settings, and change your "Forward To" address to one that is set up in the Mail App."

Won't let me use any of my other aliases emails I have registered for years on my iCloud account.

Tried on my Macbook Air, the same thing happens... The only place it's not happening it's on my iOS devices.

Seems like a bug, anybody is getting this issue?

Thanks.

iMac Pro, macOS 12.6

Posted on Apr 29, 2024 7:48 PM

6 replies

Apr 30, 2024 5:38 PM in response to josealex

Having the same error message - total PIA! They only workaround I can find is to ‘Reply’ to an older message (doesn’t matter to whom), then change the recipient, subject etc - that picks up my .me as sender address, but then the message gets filed under the wrong thread.

Not much info out there - hoping it’s a bug that’s addressed soon! Maybe turning the Hide My Email feature off might work 🤷🏻‍♀️

May 3, 2024 10:17 AM in response to josealex

I am experiencing the same issue for a week or more. Apple Mail (Sonoma--latest version on MacBook Pro). At times, the full list of aliases will appear when I wish to reply to a message for no good reason, except possibly when I signed into iCloud Mail. I have been using ICould Mail as a workaround when I send a message from any of my email aliases.

I'd guess it's.a bug that will be addressed with an update at some point.

May 10, 2024 12:07 PM in response to josealex

Problem persists...

Okay, this is weird...I've noticed in Mail under Settings and iCloud accounts that my default email address is a blank space. One can add it manually and then can add aliases, too. I have found doing this, at least, the Hide My Email is not the default responder but rather my primary mac address and the aliases that I added. All of this was routine once upon a time.

Hide my email Issue on Apple Mail won't let me use my other aliases email addresses

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.