Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Playback start location

Hi all - is there a way in FCPX to set the cursor on the timeline to "reset" to where you place it rather than stop and remain where playback stops?

I find it super annoying that the cursor start position doesn't reset to where i placed it, especially when I want to review the same section a few times after making adjustments.

(In protools and maybe other DAWs, this is called "insertion follows playback" or similar. )

Thanks!

Geoff

Mac mini (M1, 2020)

Posted on Apr 30, 2024 10:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2024 11:04 AM

I've not thought of using it. I occasionally use looped playback, especially when listening to a section of audio.

You should use feedback to make a feature request. It couldn't be that hard to implement.

5 replies

May 1, 2024 1:15 AM in response to geofffromdowney

I find it super annoying that the cursor start position doesn't reset to where i placed it,

I think there will be no problem if you specify a range of clips and play them in a loop as Tom says. In fact, many people do this. All can be played using the keyboard. I think there are few people who find it troublesome.

• Determine the starting point with the I key and the ending point with the O key.
  • Specify loop with ⌘L
  • Play only a range with / key
  • You can move to the start and end points using the up and down arrows.

Playback start location

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.