Should I concerned about my iPhone getting infected of Malware after receiving Spam mail?

Yesterday, I opened an email on my iPhone which contained a spam PDF attachment. I didn’t click on anything but it automatically displayed the PDF in the body of the email and also showed up in my attachments folder. It claimed to be from Norton antivirus. I called Norton from a different number that I found on their website rather than the one provided in the email. They asked that I forward the email to their spam department, which I did.

I obviously did not respond to the email and did not click on anything. My iPhone is an XR so it is an older model but it is updated to version 17.4.1 which is the most recent update.

Should I be concerned that my phone could have been infected with some sort of malware or virus?

[Re-Titled By Moderator]

iPhone XR, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 30, 2024 1:56 PM

2 replies

Apr 30, 2024 6:59 PM in response to Lindbain

Lindbain wrote:

Yesterday, I opened an email on my iPhone which contained a spam PDF attachment. I didn’t click on anything but it automatically displayed the PDF in the body of the email and also showed up in my attachments folder. It claimed to be from Norton antivirus. I called Norton from a different number that I found on their website rather than the one provided in the email. They asked that I forward the email to their spam department, which I did.

I obviously did not respond to the email and did not click on anything. My iPhone is an XR so it is an older model but it is updated to version 17.4.1 which is the most recent update.

Should I be concerned that my phone could have been infected with some sort of malware or virus?

I get about half a dozen emails claiming to be invoices from Norton. I only see them if I go through my junk folder but, when I do, there they are. As Lawrence said, nothing to worry about. But you were right to be cautious.

Should I concerned about my iPhone getting infected of Malware after receiving Spam mail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.