How can I download a free app without a credit card?

How can I download a free app without you asking me for a credit card

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 30, 2024 3:24 PM

7 replies

May 6, 2024 7:23 AM in response to Sexyresd

Sexyresd wrote:

Well I delete it a game but it won’t let me re-download it and I’m having kind of problem. Why do we need to add our credit cards to it? I’m so confused.

If you are having trouble adding your card, then review this support article. In the article it specifically says:

Apple does not approve or decline cards for use with Apple Pay. If your card was declined, contact your bank or card issuer.

If you can't add a card to Apple Wallet to use with Apple Pay - Apple Support

Apple does not own the apps that are in the App Store and they are created by developers who spend their own time and money to provide those apps to you as well as to continue to update them. They are not doing this out of the goodness of their heart. You will find most of those apps contain in-app purchases that allow the developer to recoup these costs if the user chooses to purchase one. Instead of charging you to download every app, the in-app purchase gives you the chance to see if you find the app useful and the developer hopes you will and continue to support them by using one of those options. Without a credit card on file, there is no way a user could make an in-app purchase to support the developer. If they never got paid for their apps in the store, then you would not see any apps to download and try out for free.

May 5, 2024 9:51 PM in response to Katana-San

Well I delete it a game but it won’t let me re-download it and I’m having kind of problem. Why do we need to add our credit cards to it? I’m so confused.

delete it a game but it won’t let me re-download it and I’m having kind of problem. Why do we need to add our credit cards to it? I’m so confused why can’t we just get it for free if we need to have it for every app that I wanted to download it

if we need to have it or every app that I want to download it I’m so dead serious

what are you doing? Like a joke no more I totally. Try to download app but it won’t let me download it so I’m so ****** off.

try to download app but it won’t let me download it so I’m so ****** off.

How can I download a free app without a credit card?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.