Jittery video footage when panning with Iphone 15 Pro Max

I have recently purchased the Iphone 15 Pro Max, but I have an issue with the camera.

Whenever filiming in video mode, as soon as I move the camera sidewise (i.e. panning) I get a kind of micro-jitters which ruins the footage.

I have the last version of iOS 17.4.1 installed

I first thought it was a stabilization or frame rates issue, but it happens at any frame rate 24 fps, 25fps and 60 fps. I also tried to use a gimbal with stabilization on and off and it still happens.

When I am panning it's like the phone is lagging behind, no matter how slow I pan.

Any idea how I can fix this?

iPhone 15 Pro Max

Posted on Apr 30, 2024 4:25 PM

2 replies

May 3, 2024 8:08 AM in response to MEGA49R

Well, I understand that certain functions may have a bug or two but I would expect a working camera on such an expensive phone, particularly if they advertise that it could replace even the DSLRs... And this issue is very evident.

All the footage I took in my last trip where I moved the phone to pan, even slightly and slowly, are completely ruined. If this is really a development issue I guess more people would be complaining about it.

Hence I am still not sure if I have misconfigured something but I can't think of anything else...

Jittery video footage when panning with Iphone 15 Pro Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.