Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Mac Pro (late 2013) running 12.7.4 can only connect to internet in safe mode

Don’t remember what I installed or uninstalled when I go into internet settings I have green light both Ethernet and wireless, router is working for 18 other connections just fine if I check my router with iPhone it says Mac is connected, I thought it might be a hardware issue but if I boot into safe mode I can connect no problem, already tried replacing Plist files etc. help please

Mac Pro, macOS 12.7

Posted on Apr 30, 2024 4:32 PM

2 replies

Apr 30, 2024 8:32 PM in response to james Scarlott

if you can't figure it out, post an Etrecheck report

Consider downloading and running this little "discovery" utility, Etrecheck. It changes NOTHING. Etrecheck was developed by senior contributor here, and uses system calls to collect often-needed information.

it contains little tests for speeds of devices, CPU utilization, memory usage, energy usage and a digest of recent problems, in one easy to use package. it does not even need to be Installed. Because less can be learned when your Mac is running great, best time to run is when your problems are actually occurring, if possible.

if you follow the directions faithfully, its report (pre-laundered of all personally-identifiable information) can be "Shared" to the system ClipBoard, then Pasted into an ‘Additional Text’ window in a reply on the forums.

How to use Etrecheck pro for free

http://etrecheck.com

Mac Pro (late 2013) running 12.7.4 can only connect to internet in safe mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.