Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Words prompting doesn’t work with Latvian keyboard

When I type text in Latvian language, there do not appear prompts of words that I can use, and correct text if I have a mistake as well. Maybe someone faced the same issue and knew how to fix it? Thank you in advance!

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 30, 2024 11:07 PM

7 replies

May 2, 2024 9:15 PM in response to Mark_Iva

Just noticed it two days ago and wondered if that’s just another way for my phone to tell me it’s about time for a new one but so far i have restarted keyboard dictionary twice, reset region & language twice, clicked everything from on-to-off-and-on three times, restarted my phone in two ways seven times. I hope to catch a moment to secure my backup and then do the full-on reset of the phone and see if that can maybe trigger something back into place.

Apparently English still works perfectly so it’s just Latvian as Norwegian wasn’t the most responsive but then that may have been the app I learn it that had some input limitations but if that happens in different text field it may be whole lot wider issue then.

So far I use Latvian for texts and quite strange to see there’s zero reaction from the phone in ways of trying to help me out, absolutely zero grammatical assistance, no text prediction, zero word suggestions. Usually it was doing half the job by at least fixing up the words I typed wrong but these past couple days I have to do all the work (not that I can’t it’s more about it being convenient on the go when I’m on the street and sun is all out and barely can see the screen is where I appreciate autocorrect the most)

Hope something will help otherwise I’m gonna try other methods to try to attract Apple’s attention

Words prompting doesn’t work with Latvian keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.