Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Unable to recover MacOS

Hi,

I am stuck in a very unique condition where i cannot boot my mac ( Macbook air 2019 intel )

so what happened is in recovery mode, I tried to delete bootcamp, idk it got partially deleted, then I tired to delete but it didn’t happen, so then I thought I’d reinstall the whole macOS, then I deleted the whole MacOS Volume from reocery mode.

after this point nothing is working. If i enter recovery mode it apparently intenet recovery mode opens ( it return 1008F error at end ) tried all network options ( even with very fast network connection) if i just normal boot my mac, corrupted windows panel open showing 0xc000225 error & recovery mode cannot be opened at all.

also i tried bootable usb, even that is not working, even if i choose bootable mac from startup options it opens up internet recovery mode which fails at end.

can someone please help! 🙏

Looking for ways to delete bootcamp as no options are available and reallocate the disk to mac.

PS i also reset the NVRAM also

Posted on May 1, 2024 3:38 PM

1 reply

May 3, 2024 9:51 PM in response to darshan_gowda

FYI, the proper way to uninstall Windows & remove the Windows Bootcamp partitions is by using Bootcamp Assistant again to uninstall Windows.

Here is an Apple article with instructions for dealing with the -1008f error when trying to boot into Internet Recovery Mode:

If your Mac starts up to error -1008F - Apple Support

Unfortunately if you did not previously modify the Mac's security settings to allow booting from USB by using the Startup Security Utility in Recovery Mode, then it will be impossible to do so now that the internal SSD has been erased since you can no longer authenticate with the T2 security chip since there are no longer any macOS user accounts on the laptop. At this point your only option to reinstall macOS is by using Internet Recovery Mode (Command + Option + R is the best option to access the most recent online installer....currently macOS 14.x Sonoma).

Unable to recover MacOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.