Quicktime is broken. Playback issue. Any good solution as for music player for mac?

It is not the first time I noticed that Quicktime drags and fails to play a range of formats. Last time I tried to lose FLAC and APE before that - no luck.

Perhaps somebody could help with the solution or recommend a better alternatives to Quicktime.

MacBook Pro (M2, 2022)

Posted on May 2, 2024 5:43 AM

6 replies

May 2, 2024 6:54 AM in response to carlosdemacos

Try installing Apple's Pro Video package. I've known cases when it worked, though it shouldn't have.

Pro Video Formats 2.3 - Apple Support

In case of considering a third-party solution, Elmedia Player is a good one to try. It supports both video and music, and plays many different formats: https://www.elmedia-video-player.com/best-music-player-mac.html

Alternatively, VOX has always been a good music player. It still is, but lately it has raised the price and the whole thing is a mess with subscriptions. - This is even something to keep in mind if you ever plan to install it.

Quicktime is broken. Playback issue. Any good solution as for music player for mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.