Keynote Presentations during Zoom Meets are Pixelated

Hello,

My company uses Apple Keynote & Zoom for our client presentations. We are a design based business and sharing graphics & imagery is extremely critical to our client conversations. We share full monitor screens, go into presenter mode, and have mostly dissolves and magic move animations between slides.

About 2 months ago, we noticed that our presentations were starting to look pixelated when shared in presenter mode. See image attached below from a meeting recording for example.

The screen only looks pixelated to the "audience"; the person who's actually presenting, their screen looks perfect. When they click GO to move to the next slide, there's usually a ~3 sec dissolve and during that dissolve the pixelization is intense and starts to "clear up" once the animation is complete, but it doesn't go away entirely. (The image above is from after the animation was over.) And when they hop out of presenter mode, the image looks just fine.

I've tried many setting changes and I've been in contact with Zoom (so far not super helpful). It appears that my bandwidth meets Zoom's minimums. I've tried sharing the application window vs. the full screen and there's no real difference, both result in pixelation. I've tried different screen capture modes, but all result in pixelization. I've tried clicking "Optimize for video clip" before sharing (even though there's no videos clips), and that does seem to help a little bit, but then we loose seeing the gallery which is unacceptable. (We need to see people's faces.) I've had our entire time uninstall and reinstall Zoom per Zoom's suggestion, but that doesn't seem to help either. OS systems are also all up to date.

I'm on a MacBook Pro from 2019 2.3 Ghz 8-core Intel Core i9, 32gb memory. Everyone else on my team has slightly different models, though all are on MacBook Pros and I'm fairly certain I'm on the oldest machine.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any fixes or thoughts on what might be going on? Thank you for any info you're able to provide!

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 14.4

Posted on May 2, 2024 2:13 PM

There are no replies.

Keynote Presentations during Zoom Meets are Pixelated

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.