Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

iPad won’t download apps

When I try to download an app on my iPad that I already have had before it says I cannot download this app at this time. Any ideas what’s going on here?

iPhone SE, iOS 17

Posted on May 2, 2024 8:02 PM

2 replies

May 3, 2024 1:44 AM in response to charliefromport hadlock

Are you having difficulty downloading all Apps - or just a specific App?

If you are unable to download any Apps, there may be a temporary problem with your regional App store - that will likely clear within a few hours - or a network routing/connectively problem.

If instead you are having difficulties with just one App, there are a number of potential causes.

You may find that a restart of your WiFi Router, followed by a restart of your iPad will clear the problem….

To restart your router, disconnect power from the router for at least 30 seconds - then reconnect power to restart. After your router reboots (which may take several minutes), force restart your iPad:

Force restart iPad (models with Face ID or with Touch ID in the top button)

If your iPad doesn’t have the Home button, do the following:

1. Press and quickly release the volume button nearest to the top button.
  2. Press and quickly release the volume button farthest from the top button.
  3. Press and hold the top button.
  4. When the Apple logo appears, release the top button.

Force restart iPad (models with the Home button)

Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.

iPad won’t download apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.