How to upgrade Final Draft OXS 10.13 to version 10?

I have a Mac Air (early 2015) running OXS 10.13. I want to upgrade my Final Draft to version 10 (which is compatible) but Final Draft is now only selling version 13 (which I cannot even download with my OSX). Any tips or advice on where to find or purchase a Final Draft 10 activation code please? I paid for Final Draft 7 and would gladly pay to upgrade to Final Draft 10. Thank you.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Earlier Mac models

Posted on May 4, 2024 5:50 AM

1 reply

May 5, 2024 5:05 PM in response to ScareyMcKenzie

Contact the author directly. Explain your situation. They may just say it is unsupported.

If they do, it probably is best to find an alternative application. We can't give you any means of obtaining old activation codes here, as that would be breaking the license agreement of the author which is against the law. If you do install the newer Final Draft and need an upgrade pricing, the author would be able to work with you on that.

If you need to keep the older OS for other reasons, your 2015 can run up to Monterey on a separate partition or external hard drive for compatbility with newer applications. Dual booting is as simple as formatting the partition with Disk Utility APFS, or external hard drive that way. You'll want a minimum of 60 GB of free space on the partition, and the second partition with the OS should still remain at least 15% free after partitioning. If there is insufficient space, getting an external USB hard drive is a better choice.

How to upgrade Final Draft OXS 10.13 to version 10?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.