Logic not receiving "note on" message for one note

Note D2 all of a sudden has stopped sending a "note on" message in Logic Pro. It's just the "note on" message because I can see in the control box the "note off" message when I release the key. It's not the controller because I have no issues in other DAWS. I'm sure I inadvertently "mapped" something to this key because it started when I was trying to understand the whole controller surface "learn" function. I've seen other similar issues where the problem was solved by finding the parameter in controller surfaces and deleting it. I've tried to do that and I can not find the parameter that is tied to this note. Is there anything else that can be tried? Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

mac mini (2018)

big sur 11.7.10

logic pro 10.7.4

Mac mini (2018)

Posted on May 4, 2024 10:05 AM

2 replies

May 4, 2024 11:20 AM in response to brian99b

You can delete/remove the control surface preferences and see if that solves your issue.

Quit Logic. In the Finder, hold Option while selecting the "GO" menu on the top and select Library. If you release Option, the Library option will disappear. Select Library and go to Preferences. While in the Preference folder, type "Logic" in the search bar and 2 item will show up in the preferences. You want to delete, or move "com.apple.logic.pro.cs" . This will remove any custom changes you made to control surfaces. Personally, I would recommend just dragging it to your desktop so you can put it back if it doesn't solve your issue. Restart your mac and launch Logic. Hopefully that solves your problem.

Logic not receiving "note on" message for one note

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.