I cannot find this model number in internet. Which model is this?

In my iphone 12 pro, the model number shows- MGMN3B/A. I searched up Internet and found every model number starts with A. Can you please tell me is my model number legit?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on May 4, 2024 3:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2024 4:00 PM

That's an iPhone 12 which was originally sold in the UK or Ireland; the A and M numbers are used by separate systems.

(252901)

13 replies

May 4, 2024 7:19 PM in response to GreenMount_1

GreenMount_1 wrote:

I bought my iphone 12 pro in Portugal, in a 3rd party refurbished store (this is refurbished iphone). Could you please tell me if the model number has anything to do with the phone being refurbished?

This iPhone was not refurbished by Apple or by a carrier, based on the leading M.

Does it mean the first user of the phone was using the phone in the UK ?

It is where it was sold. Who knows where the buyer then went with it. Some iPhones are well traveled.

May 4, 2024 7:37 PM in response to GreenMount_1

GreenMount_1 wrote:

I am concerned that my iphone screen is Not original , because of two issues I found. 1st, the bottom bezel is a tiny bit thicker than the rest. 2nd, when I tap icon "very lightly" , the screen misses the touch.

Could you tell me what could be happening?

A non-genuine display usually shows a message: About genuine iPhone displays - Apple Support

Whether this display is having missed touches or ghost touches? Certainly possible.

Remove any protective case and any screen-protective film, clean the display, and test again.

You’ll want to discuss this matter with the seller, if there was any warranty provided.

Buying a used iPhone from a third-party vendor can potentially buy somebody else’s problem device too, yes.

May 4, 2024 7:49 PM in response to MrHoffman

MrHoffman wrote:

GreenMount_1 wrote:

I am concerned that my iphone screen is Not original , because of two issues I found. 1st, the bottom bezel is a tiny bit thicker than the rest. 2nd, when I tap icon "very lightly" , the screen misses the touch.

A non-genuine display usually shows a message: About genuine iPhone displays - Apple Support

Whether this display is having missed touches or ghost touches? Certainly possible.

Remove any protective case and any screen-protective film, clean the display, and test again.

You’ll want to discuss this matter with the seller, if there was any warranty provided.

Buying a used iPhone from a third-party vendor can potentially buy somebody else’s problem device too, yes.

I went to the shop asking for a refund (my 14 days hasn't finished yet). They are saying there is nothing wrong with the phone (i did show them "very light" touches are not being recognized) and they are saying that the iphone screen is an original piece.

I checked with the serial number of the phone , website shows the phone was bought around 3 years ago.

Are they lieing that the screen is original?

May 4, 2024 7:26 PM in response to MrHoffman

MrHoffman wrote:

GreenMount_1 wrote:

I bought my iphone 12 pro in Portugal, in a 3rd party refurbished store (this is refurbished iphone). Could you please tell me if the model number has anything to do with the phone being refurbished?

This iPhone was not refurbished by Apple or by a carrier, based on the leading M.

Does it mean the first user of the phone was using the phone in the UK ?

It is where it was sold. Who knows where the buyer then went with it. Some iPhones are well traveled.

I cannot find this model number in internet. Which model is this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.