Cannot leave all Apple user group on iMessage

Recently, I was added into a small group in iMessage that I wanted to leave from. But the leave button (which should be red in color, but currently is in grey) and pressing it does nothing. Everyone currently added is using an apple device, and this problem is confined to this specific group. A person in this group has discovered they also cannot leave. Attached it the proof, contacts are blocked out for privacy reasons. I would love for some help!

iPhone 13 mini, iOS 17

Posted on May 4, 2024 5:05 PM

1 reply

May 5, 2024 1:23 PM in response to Little_Ipod143

Little_Ipod143 wrote:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/c59f35c6-068b-41fc-9587-8d8e608ed734
Recently, I was added into a small group in iMessage that I wanted to leave from. But the leave button (which should be red in color, but currently is in grey) and pressing it does nothing. Everyone currently added is using an apple device, and this problem is confined to this specific group. A person in this group has discovered they also cannot leave. Attached it the proof, contacts are blocked out for privacy reasons. I would love for some help!

The first paragraph of the link tells you why you can't leave Add and remove people in group text messages on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Cannot leave all Apple user group on iMessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.