Refunding In-App-Payments exceeding the 14 day refund period of the EU Law

So here i am,

I had quarrel with App Host/Dev and took back 14 Days of my payments for that certain game worth around 400 Euro according to EU Law.

Now they blocked my entire account for frauding behavior, but this isnt any fraud.

I am playing and spending in games for last 10 years and never asked for any refund.

In Addition when logging into the game i now get displayed a special starting screen with the demand to pay them first 2286 credit scores back worth 400€ or i cannot access my account anymore.

So i asked apple for a full refund, as i cannot access the game anymore and thus also not any payments i have made. For me thats like stealing my money.

Thats like you buy an Iphone in a store and add a screen cover, than bring back the screen cover and you are forbidden to use the iphone you bought, but also cannot give it back either.

So i asked apple for full refund, explaining this situation, but they just deny this without any arguments on their side.

So i am at a point to think about to use the paypal buyers protective service.

But i am very unsure here... because what will happen if i do so?

I cannot go directly against the Devs, because its managed via the apple store and my "offense" would directly hit Apple.

Will this cause any problems with my apple Id itself?!

How can i handle this case ?

Devs dont listen and also deny full refund obviously.

Apple is also not listening and denys full refund without any discussion possible.

Thanks

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on May 5, 2024 4:24 AM

2 replies

Refunding In-App-Payments exceeding the 14 day refund period of the EU Law

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.