Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

From everything I just found out, I think my AirPods are fake, even though I bought them in store.

First, when I reset them, they sho up as “AirPods Pro” instead of “AirPods Pro 2.” Next, the ability to deselect charging case sounds is greyed out. Even though it supposedly has AppleCare+ and a serial number, with a quick google search, everything points to them being fake. What should I do about this?

Posted on May 5, 2024 5:14 PM

1 reply

May 6, 2024 4:17 AM in response to FinnM511

Have you bought them at an authorised reseller or at apple self? Then so, they cannot be fake

My AirPods Pro 2 are 100% original as I bought them in the Apple Store, and they show up as just AirPods not 2

If you bought them at a non authorised seller and you’re concerned that they’re fake please go back to the store for support and asssitance

From everything I just found out, I think my AirPods are fake, even though I bought them in store.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.