Newsroom Update

Today, Apple announced that from 2020 through 2023, the App Store prevented a total of over $7 billion in potentially fraudulent transactions. Learn more >

Having a problem setting up a new Mac

I recently bought an Apple 2024 MacBook Air 15-inch Laptop  and I'm now in the process of setting it up for the first time. I'm a new Mac User. 

In trying to download the Kindle reading app I was referred to the App Store. I found the Kindle app and clicked on the button labeled “Get”.And then install.

a box popped up asking me to sign in with my Apple id. 

When I signed in, I got the message that this Apple ID has not yet been used with the App Store. Please review your account information. I clicked the button marked review. 

This took me to a screen labeled complete your Apple ID. 

It said, “By clicking Continue, you acknowledge that you agree to the terms and conditions”.  

I clicked Continue, and another box popped up, saying that I must agree to the terms and conditions to continue, with a button marked “OK”. 

I clicked on the button marked “OK”, and was then returned to the previous screen. I clicked Continue again, and the process simply repeated.

Within the overall context of the transaction, it looks as though there should be another button on the “Complete your Apple ID” screen, in which I can expressly agree to the terms and conditions. but there's no such button. 

How do I get out of this loop?

Posted on May 6, 2024 9:54 AM

There are no replies.

Having a problem setting up a new Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.