Microphone issues using Zoom

A problem has appeared recently. After launching some of comm apps like Zoom my iMac microphone’s sensitivity is becoming lower than appropriate (about 5% of its usual amount). My interlocutors are complaining about excessively bad sound from me. This problem immediately transmits to other apps. There are only two ways to solve it — restart the computer or use headphones with an inner microphone.

It looks like MacOS reduces the microphone's sensitivity to a minimal level for an unobvious reason.

The last versions of both Zoom and MacOS are installed.

iMac 24″, macOS 14.4

Posted on May 7, 2024 12:36 AM

1 reply

May 9, 2024 10:27 AM in response to ChupakhinD

Are you using the built-in camera/microphone of your iMac in your signature?

Do you have a USB Microphone that offers better audio support, or even Bluetooth headphones with microphone?

You may also want to adjust the audio settings on Audio Midi Setup utility in Applications -> Utilities. 16 bit 44.1kHz is best for stereophonic devices. System updates on computers with SPDIF and Toslink headphone compatible ports frequently raise the frequency/bitrate creating problems like these until you adjust the settings.

Microphone issues using Zoom

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.