Family Share

In the feedback app, I was looking through system diagnostics. The date and time were obvious, but what is not is the Family Share that was started. Right below it, Current user age category is <private>. I never started a family share and I am 44 with no kids. What’s the age private?

Posted on May 7, 2024 12:52 PM

3 replies

May 7, 2024 1:15 PM in response to J_talley

The Feedback App is a Beta feature only. Its not available in the regular software releases.

Beta software cannot be discussed in this forums. If you are running a Beta version of macOS, iOS, watchOS or tvOS you are on your own with issues and features.

Apple Beta Software Program

Is the public beta software confidential?

Yes, the public beta software is Apple confidential information. Don’t install the public beta software on any systems you don’t directly control or that you share with others. Don’t blog, post screen shots, tweet, or publicly post information about the public beta software, and don’t discuss the public beta software with or demonstrate it to others who are not in the Apple Beta Software Program. If Apple has publicly disclosed technical information about the public beta software, it is no longer considered confidential.

Read our Terms for full details

No Support and Maintenance; Future Products. During your participation in the Beta Program or in a particular seed, Apple is not obligated to provide you with any maintenance, technical or other support for the Pre-Release Software. If, at Apple’s option, such support is provided, it will be provided in addition to your normal warranty coverage for your computer and/or device. You agree to abide by any support rules and policies that Apple provides to you in order to receive such support. You acknowledge that Apple has no express or implied obligation to announce or make available a commercial version of the Pre-Release Software to anyone in the future. Should a commercial version be made available, it may have features or functionality that are different from those found in the Pre-Release Software licensed hereunder.

May 8, 2024 1:23 PM in response to J_talley

J_talley wrote:

I am very thankful for the info. And I am afraid I need a little more. I have asked numerous questions in the Feedback and not 1 of them has ever been answered. Where do I get help with my phone. And if anyone knows a place where the sys diagnostics can be interpreted, that would help. Thanks

As was said: Beta software cannot be discussed in these forums. If you are running a

Beta version of macOS, iOS, watchOS or tvOS you are on your own with

issues and bugs.

Apple is not obligated to provide you with any maintenance, technical or other support for the Pre-Release Software

The Feedback app is not a bi-directional contact with Apple. Its just there for you to report bugs and issues. Apple may or may not contact you regarding a particular bug or issue.

Any issues or bugs you report using the Feedback app, you will then need

to live with until Apple offers an update that fixes said issues.

If you are a registered developer you have access to developer forums at Apple Developer Forums

where you can discuss Beta issues and bugs. Don't expect real and fast resolutions to any issues as they may not have a fix from this side and often are dependent on Apple actually fixing whatever the issue is and issuing an update.

If you are not prepared to deal with Beta issues and bugs, then its recommended you uninstall the Beta version and return to the public release. Then you can get help with any bugs or issues you may have in these forums.

Family Share

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.