Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Verification code pop up on ipad keyboard

I replaced an older ipad pro with a new one. I have 2 ipad pros. I set up the new one using a back up of my existing ipad pro.

I set up iMessages to be forwarded to new gen 4 ipad pro. It is sending and receiving all the messages just fine. Both ipads are in sync with my iphone Messages. All are running version 17.4.1.

All have enabled "delete after use" (Settings -> passwords -> verification code options )

The problem:

When I need to request a verfication code (safari browser) on the new ipad, the verification code is not popping up on the new ipad's keyboard or above the open Safari page. My old ipad pro and my iphone both both show the "received" verification code when i am on the Safari page. I tap the code and it gets entered into the safari browers field.

On the new ipad, i have to leave Safari, copy the code from iMessages and then return to Safari and past it in. It instantly is received by iMessage but it never "pops up" as a displayed code when I am waiting for it in Safari.

I am i missing some Setting to enable the code to pop up while in Safari?

iPad Pro

Posted on May 7, 2024 6:00 PM

3 replies

May 9, 2024 10:26 AM in response to SandiMacD

I contacted Apple Support. Chat was unable to figure it out. Said it was likely software related and asked if I wanted to reset it to factory default. I said no and they escalated me to Expert Support via phone call.

Expert Support went through more settings and after about 5 minutes found the issue was with Focus.

Somehow Do Not Disturb was enabled and that prevented pop notifications.

Once I disabled that setting, my verification codes reached me inside of Safari.

May 9, 2024 7:14 AM in response to JDW-Dayton

Yes, they are mirrored settings between the 2 ipads. Setting options menu is slightly different betweeb iphone an ipads as the ipads are wifi only. But the setting options where they exist are the same.

I went through all 3 devices once more today. I checked for any variances in the iCloud Settings menu, the Notifications menu, the Passcodes menu, the Privacy and Security menu, the Safari menu and Messages menu and all are similarly enabled.

To recap the iphone is sending message codes to both ipads just fine. The old iPad Pro, 2nd gen always displayed a pop up verification code i can paste into Safari. The new iPad Pro gen 4 does not display in Safari so i have to switch to Messages and cut and paste.

I am going to try sending my bank's verification code next time to email and see if that pops up.

Verification code pop up on ipad keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.