Bluetooth Connection to External Speaker (MBPro 2021 Sonoma 14.4.1 AND iPhone 13 Pro iOS 17.4.1)

Having bluetooth speaker connection issues with BOTH MBPro 2021 Sonoma 14.4.1 AND iPhone 13 Pro iOS 17.4.1...

MBPro 2021: I've removed the speaker from my list of paired devices/re-paired SEVERAL TIMES. Now it says connected, BUT the sound is only coming from my computer speakers.

iPhone: Absolutely maddening that it won't find OR connect consistently to bluetooth speakers (Sony nor Harman-Kardon)

@Apple PLEASE FIX THIS issue!!!

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.10

Posted on May 7, 2024 7:20 PM

1 reply

May 8, 2024 7:28 PM in response to enafromlos angeles

enafromlos angeles wrote:

Having bluetooth speaker connection issues with BOTH MBPro 2021 Sonoma 14.4.1 AND iPhone 13 Pro iOS 17.4.1...

MBPro 2021: I've removed the speaker from my list of paired devices/re-paired SEVERAL TIMES. Now it says connected, BUT the sound is only coming from my computer speakers.

iPhone: Absolutely maddening that it won't find OR connect consistently to bluetooth speakers (Sony nor Harman-Kardon)

@Apple PLEASE FIX THIS issue!!!

Not all bluetooth speakers are going to be compatible...

check with the developer of your "bluetooth speaker" for some update—if in doubt search the developers website or contact their: Support/Help/FAQ/Known issues/compatibility/updates…

Contact a third-party vendor - Apple Support

Contact a third-party vendor - Apple Support

You can see if there is any thing in the Audio MIDI Setup.app to make a difference

ref: Audio MIDI Setup User Guide for Mac

For all your anguish you can file a bug report /submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

Bluetooth Connection to External Speaker (MBPro 2021 Sonoma 14.4.1 AND iPhone 13 Pro iOS 17.4.1)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.