Apple watch different sim or number

Hi

i bought new apple watch for my girl 9 years old but i don't want pair with my cellphone , can i get different number and sim card , she don't have cellphone just for safety bought apple watch , when she need us , she could connect to parents, please answer my question ?

Posted on May 8, 2024 9:23 PM

2 replies

May 9, 2024 8:54 AM in response to Korosh1472

Apple Watch Family Plan

Set up Apple Watch for a family member - Apple Support

Set up a family member’s Apple Watch - Apple Support

Some limitations: Cannot receive SMS/MMS messages, as that depends on a fully paired iPhone. Messaging is pretty much limited to Apple's Messages, unless the messaging service provides an Apple Watch app. Alarms, alerts, notifications on the iPhone are not sent to the Apple Watch. Apple Pay via a credit card is not available. Also not available: Medications, respiratory rate, irregular heart rhythm notifications, ECG, AFib History, Cycle Tracking, Sleep, Wrist Temperature, Blood Oxygen, Walking Steadiness, Audiobooks, Camera Remote, News, Shortcuts, and the double tap gesture.

May 8, 2024 9:46 PM in response to Korosh1472

An Apple Watch is designed to pair with an Apple iPhone. If you don't want your daughter to have an iPhone yet, then that is fine however the Apple Watch will not be the correct choice for her needs. The Iphone needs to be within range of the watch in order for the watch to operate correctly. I recommend either get her an iPhone or search for another option that will fulfill your needs.

Apple watch different sim or number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.