How do I export the photos of a person in People & Pets

I want to export (copy) all the photo's of one person in Photos People & Pets to a SD card, to display on an e-PhotoFrame.

Any advice on how to do that?

Many thanks,

iMac (M1, 2021)

Posted on May 9, 2024 1:03 AM

1 reply

May 9, 2024 7:28 AM in response to blackcomb greens

You can go to the person's People album and click "Show All" and choose File>Export>Export nn Photos. In the first dialog you can set quality and size and stuff like that. Then in the following dialog you can assign the album in Finder. When you tell it the folder to export to, you can choose your SD card, or you can export to a folder on the Desktop for instance, and then drag the pictures from that folder to the SD card.

Your iMac may not have an SD slot built in. In that case, you need a USB SD card reader--plug the phrase "USB SD card reader" into Amazon or your favorite computer store and you should find a bunch, even some with USB-C connectors, for less than $10.

Another method is--you could make a Smart Album with "Person includes ..."

and, again, select all and export.

Export nn Photos gets you pictures that are modified by edits and cropping you've done. I would think that's what you would want for a book. You can, alternatively, choose File>Export>Export Unmodified Originals to get the original unedited files.

How do I export the photos of a person in People & Pets

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.