Apple Music crashes on launch, even in safe mode

The app (on my Mac m2 pro) suddenly crashed while I was creating and inserting music to a new playlist. Now I can't even open it even in safe mode.

The Apple Music app in my android phone is fine, though I did not see the new playlist I was creating when it crashed [on my Mac]. I'm fine with the playlist not being made, but I just want to open the app on my Mac again.

Here is the details of the report.

MacBook Pro 16″

Posted on May 9, 2024 2:38 AM

2 replies

May 9, 2024 11:37 AM in response to HighFerrans

While this is not going to help you solve the issue, I have exactely the same problem (See report below). Music was working fine yesterday and this morning, but when adding some new songs to an existing playlist this morning, it suddenly crashed and I haven't been able to open it up again (It crashes at opening, after a few seconds of the spinning beach ball, even in Safe Mode). I've tried everything I could find on the internet, but to no avail (Deleting Genius file, starting with new Library, starting with internet disconnected, etc.). On my iPhone Music works normally.

I had a similar issue a few years ago, and while I don't recall if I did anything specific to solve the issue, I seem to remember 'it solved itself' after a few days (probably through an update pushed by Apple). As your OS version, etc. are exactly the same as mine (from what I can see in the report), I'm guessing this is a bug that will be solved by Apple, hopefully sooner than later.

Let's hope somebody knows what's going on and can help us out, or at least tell us this is indeed a bug, so we have to wait for the fix. It's a nuissance, but we still have YT... 🙄

Apple Music crashes on launch, even in safe mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.