How to Connect My iPhone to My TV When It's Not Detected?

I'm a teacher and often need to connect my iPhone to my LG Smart TV in the classroom to show educational content to my students. Despite my efforts, I'm struggling with how to connect iPhone to TV; my TV doesn't seem to recognize my iPhone at all. I've repeatedly checked my connections and settings, yet nothing works. I need a reliable way to mirror my iPhone’s screen directly onto the TV to display presentations smoothly. Additionally, I have a Chromecast device. Can I use this to solve my connection issue? I would be very thankful for any recommendations that could help make this process easier.

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on May 9, 2024 4:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2024 8:25 AM

Yeah, Chromecast is an option. Plug it into your TV's HDMI port and set it up. Make sure both your iPhone and Chromecast are on the same Wi-Fi network. Download the Google Home app on your iPhone to connect and set up the device.

If you want to mirror your entire iPhone screen or use apps without casting support, try a third-party app like DoCast from the App Store. This allows you to wirelessly connect your iPhone to the smart TV.

If you have issues like lagging, update the firmware on your iPhone and Chromecast. Restarting your router can also help.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2024 8:25 AM in response to TheSuperbOwl

Yeah, Chromecast is an option. Plug it into your TV's HDMI port and set it up. Make sure both your iPhone and Chromecast are on the same Wi-Fi network. Download the Google Home app on your iPhone to connect and set up the device.

If you want to mirror your entire iPhone screen or use apps without casting support, try a third-party app like DoCast from the App Store. This allows you to wirelessly connect your iPhone to the smart TV.

If you have issues like lagging, update the firmware on your iPhone and Chromecast. Restarting your router can also help.

May 14, 2024 9:03 AM in response to TheSuperbOwl

How are you attempting to connect the iPhone to TV?

What exactly are you doing?

What model of TV is it exactly?

Does it support Airplay 2?

What happens exactly when you try to connect the Phone to the TV?

Have you tried a wired solution?

The TV is not really supposed to be recognizing the phone, its the phone that finds and connects to the TV.

A Chromecast may work depending on what you are trying to mirror. Some apps like Youtube support Casting, but in general the phone cannot cast to a Chromecast and you will be limited to just the Apps that support Google's Cast protocol.

For AirPlay 2 support see the following link (you may need to scroll down to the AirPlay 2 section):

click here ➜ Apple TV app and AirPlay 2 - Devices - Apple

May 14, 2024 8:35 AM in response to TheSuperbOwl

TheSuperbOwl wrote:

I'm a teacher and often need to connect my iPhone to my LG Smart TV in the classroom to show educational content to my students. Despite my efforts, I'm struggling with how to connect iPhone to TV; my TV doesn't seem to recognize my iPhone at all. I've repeatedly checked my connections and settings, yet nothing works. I need a reliable way to mirror my iPhone’s screen directly onto the TV to display presentations smoothly. Additionally, I have a Chromecast device. Can I use this to solve my connection issue? I would be very thankful for any recommendations that could help make this process easier.

Have you checked with the manufacturer's documentation to see if the particular model supports AirPlay? That would be the place I would start.

How to Connect My iPhone to My TV When It's Not Detected?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.