FIXED: Beats Studio 3 won't turn off. It thinks it's charging because the fuel Guage light stays on and blinks

Guys! I finally fixed this -

First I'm very annoyed by how unhelpful the customer support was. They couldn't fix it!

Here's what I did:

First, I tried the hard reset but it didn't work for me. To reset your headphones hold the power button and volume down button for 20 seconds then try to reconnect/pair with your device. If this doesn't work for you then check out what I did next

Second, I tried to get apple to either fix this for me or send a replacement. My warrantee had expired so this didn't work out. If you have an active warrantee, reach out to customer support and they will order a fix or replace the headphones for free!.

Lastly, I fixed it by myself by reseting the battery connector wires in the headphones. This requires you to pry open the battery compartment of the headphones located inside the right cup.

Heres how I did it:

First make sure your headphones are charged. Three to four bars is fine.

1. Get a small tool which you will use to pry the battery compartment open. This tool must have a flat tip. A small screwdriver would do. (I used a pen knife - the tip must be flat)

2. Locate the battery compartment - it's inside the outer part of the right ear cup where the buttons and battery guage lights are fixed.

3. Carefully pry it open starting from just before the fuel Guage lights. You will hear the plastic snapping as it separates. No need to go all the way through but keep prying along the sides until you have a clear view of the battery, wires, connectors etc that are closest to the fuel guage.

4. Locate the connector on the right side of the guage lights.

5. Use the screw driver to disconnect/unplug it from the battery by pushing the plastic out. The Guage light might flicker or turn off. Be careful not to cut the wires!

6. Plug the connector back in.

7. VOILA! problem solved. Make sure to test. My Guage lights came back on and this time, they were not blinking.

8. Close the headphones. Press the parts firmly to close. You will hear clicks.

Beats

Posted on May 9, 2024 7:40 AM

There are no replies.

FIXED: Beats Studio 3 won't turn off. It thinks it's charging because the fuel Guage light stays on and blinks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.