What does the "Support Client" in the privacy and security settings on my MacBook Air?

MacBook Air Sonoma 14 In a possible scam in order to recover a payment I was instructed to toggle the "Support Client" tab in the Privacy & Security drop down menu. What does that button do?

Just wondering why a company - in this claiming to be PayPal - would want me to toggle that button to "on" as part of recovering a fraudulent debit.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 9, 2024 2:34 PM

3 replies

May 9, 2024 7:00 PM in response to Bigbeet

To "recover a payment"?

Did you get an e-mail like this? I've gotten a number of these – this one from "Norton", others from "PayPal". All scams sent to you by criminals. The e-mails tell you that you have already been charged hundreds of dollars for something that you never bought. Then they give you a "customer support" number to call to get a "refund."

The "customer support" number would of course connect you to criminals, who would get your information under pretense of needing it to process your "refund"; then use the information to rip you off.

What does the "Support Client" in the privacy and security settings on my MacBook Air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.