Why Alpha channel turns black on MacBook Pro M3 Max

I have had the same animated logo file since 2020. I use it to finish a lot of my videos. I just got a 2023 Macbook Pro and when I try to open/play this file on literally any application including on the internet/web browser it shows up black. I have tried everything including trying in After Effects, Premiere, Motion, VLC, Quicktime, playing it on the web, etc. When I put this file which is supposed to be a transparent layer in premiere. It is just a black box. Very frustrating and I don't really know how to solve this issue. Has anyone been able to find a workaround?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro (M3 Max, 2023)

Posted on May 9, 2024 4:33 PM

1 reply

May 11, 2024 8:22 AM in response to zfplays5

zfplays5 wrote:

I have had the same animated logo file since 2020. I use it to finish a lot of my videos. I just got a 2023 Macbook Pro and when I try to open/play this file on literally any application including on the internet/web browser it shows up black. I have tried everything including trying in After Effects, Premiere, Motion, VLC, Quicktime, playing it on the web, etc. When I put this file which is supposed to be a transparent layer in premiere. It is just a black box. Very frustrating and I don't really know how to solve this issue. Has anyone been able to find a workaround?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

see if there is anything here—

16" MacBook Pro M1 Max displays video wit… - Apple Community

ref: Extract an image or remove a background in Preview on Mac

Why Alpha channel turns black on MacBook Pro M3 Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.