Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Chrome not working on MacBook Air

I have a MacBook Air 2020, installed google chrome and it's working very poorly, slowly & glitching every now and then. To makes matter worse, after I shut down the pc, every time I come back, I'll have to reinstall chrome. I've pinned it on my dock and it will appear with a ? until I reinstall it. Any help?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.6

Posted on May 10, 2024 3:38 AM

2 replies

May 15, 2024 6:51 AM in response to helenagld

helenagld wrote:

I have a MacBook Air 2020, installed google chrome and it's working very poorly, slowly & glitching every now and then. To makes matter worse, after I shut down the pc, every time I come back, I'll have to reinstall chrome. I've pinned it on my dock and it will appear with a ? until I reinstall it. Any help?

Chrome can be problematic on a Mac, especially an older one. What version of macOS are you running? How much RAM does your computer have?

Do you really need to use Chrome? If it's just a question of not liking Safari, give Brave a try. Or Firefox.

Chrome not working on MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.