Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

6th gen iPad pro: automatic icloud backup fails

My iPad will not back up automatically.

I am running 17.4.1. I have 512 GB iPad capacity and have used 267 GB, I have used only 214 GB of 2 TB icloud storage. (Yes, I know 2 TB is overkill.)

My photos, contacts & family calendar are syncing. (My iPad & iphone and my husband's iPad and iPhone.)

I have tried the Youtube video fixes with some success; however the problem continues to exist. I read the old posts on this subject.

Currently my iPad backup says:

Last backup - never

Backup Size 106.75 GB

Next Backup Size Loading

There is "no data" in any of my apps - about 100

My most used app is Procreate and I have to move my artwork to Files to back up to icloud because Procreate does not automatically backup. Other than that, I watch and listen to YouTube Premium, use a jigsaw puzzle app and surf the internet.

I need to get backed up and stay backed up because I am giving this iPad to my husband next month when my new one arrives.

Please, can anyone help me!

My primary use is (1) Procreate art

Last night's backup failed after 5 hours and none of my apps

iPad Pro, iPadOS 17

Posted on May 11, 2024 2:37 PM

1 reply

May 11, 2024 3:13 PM in response to Shessy1

Shessy1 wrote:

My iPad will not back up automatically.

I am running 17.4.1. I have 512 GB iPad capacity and have used 267 GB, I have used only 214 GB of 2 TB icloud storage. (Yes, I know 2 TB is overkill.)

My photos, contacts & family calendar are syncing. (My iPad & iphone and my husband's iPad and iPhone.)

I have tried the Youtube video fixes with some success; however the problem continues to exist. I read the old posts on this subject.

Currently my iPad backup says:
Last backup - never
Backup Size 106.75 GB
Next Backup Size Loading
There is "no data" in any of my apps - about 100
My most used app is Procreate and I have to move my artwork to Files to back up to icloud because Procreate does not automatically backup. Other than that, I watch and listen to YouTube Premium, use a jigsaw puzzle app and surf the internet.

I need to get backed up and stay backed up because I am giving this iPad to my husband next month when my new one arrives.

Please, can anyone help me!

My primary use is (1) Procreate art

Last night's backup failed after 5 hours and none of my apps

If you can't back up to iCloud - Apple Support

6th gen iPad pro: automatic icloud backup fails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.