iCloud Calendars through iCloud for Windows CP on Win10 Pro PW Error

Hello,

I have already cross posted this on the Microsoft Forums also because this truly is a both universes type of problem.

My computer with Outlook and the iCloud Control Panel has been reliably working for several years, but all of a sudden, yesterday, it coughed up a furball and the integration for the calendars stopped working

completely.  It also started giving me errors for a .pst file that it all of a sudden now thinks it has a PW set up on it but as a tech, in my own personal life I make it a 100% policy to NEVER set up any PW on Outlook archive files (.pst) because I know as a tech that if you forget the PW you are 100% screwed.  This has been my 100% policy for 25+ years.

Troubleshooting and results:

SFC has been run (I do that as a standard troubleshooting practice) - it did find corrupted files and repair them.

Signed out of the iCloud CP and back in, it at first would tell me the Outlook integration was set up successfully but it would not show the calendars, and would keep associating a .pst file to the iCloud email

account in Outlook and give errors about that it couldn't find the file and when I would navigate to it then it would tell me there was a PW for the file even though I never ever set one up.

Uninstalled and reinstalled the iCloud CP and ran the setup numerous times - currently it is giving me a PW error for the iCloud Outlook integration setup and when I close the error message it shows that the integration was established and the account was updated successfully.  The iCloud CP setup process requires that you sign into your iCloud account and I do 100% sign into the account (and get the 2FA trigger on my iPad Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max successfully)

Have set up new profiles for Outlook (repeatedly)

Issue is ONLY happening for the iCloud Calendar setup on Win10 Pro PC.  I get my emails w/o problems.  I get calendars on my 2 Win11 Pro computers and emails perfectly.

I have followed the instructions the PW error message tells me and I have signed out and back into my iCloud account on the web.  The iCloud CP signs me into my iCloud account through the CP successfully but it is only when I try to setup the Outlook integration which gives me my calendars that I get the PW error message (screenshot provided below)

I have run the Office repair functionality for both Quick and Online and it did not fix the issue

CURRENT SITUATION:

Today when I attempt to uninstall the iCloud CP it keeps immediately reinstalling itself. Since Apple has fixed a separate long existing issue (explained in next paragraph) there are now two types of installations that get done for the CP.  One is some sort of Outlook specific program that is only able to be seen in the old fashioned full blown Windows CP and additionally another that must be an "App" type that is seen in the new "Settings>Apps And Features" in Windows.  The version that keeps reinstalling itself is the one in the "Settings>Apps And Features" it is not happening in the old fashioned control panel.

This is ONLY happening on my 13 yr old Win10 Pro which has been on the same Win10 Pro installation without issue for tons of years and that it is NOT happening on my other 2 computers running Win11 Pro.  I have had zero problems with the iCloud Outlook integration for the calendars (or other features) with the

exception of their old iCloud CP giving the error "Outlook is not setup to have a default profile" which has been around for more than 10 years until just recently when Apple finally created a new iCloud CP for Windows which FINALLY fixed that problem.

This is the error I am currently not able to fix:

I really am at my wits end with this.........

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on May 12, 2024 4:10 PM

There are no replies.

iCloud Calendars through iCloud for Windows CP on Win10 Pro PW Error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.