Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Google pages (search engine, google doc, google forms, etc.) not loading

Hi I can't get any Google pages to load on my MacBook Pro, using Safari OS is Monterey, everything is up to date. I get an error message that the connection was dropped. My work uses Google docs for time sheets and Google forms for other stuff, I really need it to work. I used Antivirus Zap to check the browser, clear out the cache, etc. No viruses were found and it worked for like 6 hours. But it's back to not working in Safari. I can get it to load using Google Chrome but I really hate Google Chrome and would like to continue using Safari. Anyone else have this issue?

MacBook Pro (M1, 2020)

Posted on May 13, 2024 11:46 AM

6 replies

May 13, 2024 2:51 PM in response to Litzz11

You asked if anyone else is experiencing that problem, and the answer is yes — if they are using non-Apple "anti-virus" products. I should have been more explicit. Uninstall your "anti-virus" product. As a category, they are junk. Never install such things on a Mac.

Follow its uninstallation instructions, assuming you can find them, and that they actually work.

May 16, 2024 11:51 AM in response to Litzz11

UPDATE: Not long after I posted this I got an alert about a Safari update and that fixed the problem. BUT BUT BUT just now I got another alert about a Safari update, which I downloaded, and NOW SAFARI DOESN'T WORK AT ALL.

Thanks, Apple. What fresh **** is this? No unhelpful snark from our Libertarian friends, please. Helpful comments only.

Google pages (search engine, google doc, google forms, etc.) not loading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.