How to export video files with original file names

Does anyone know a way to export the files with their original file names rather than the default project name? I'm using FCPX 10.7.1 and when I Save As, I have to change each clip name manually which adds up after 100+ videos

Posted on May 14, 2024 10:36 AM

10 replies

May 14, 2024 1:17 PM in response to Paulaulaul

Yes, in the export window, you click the file name and change it, simple.

Or while editing, in the Browser, select the Project, go to the Inspector, change the Project's name.

You can also change some of the default settings for what is and isn't included in the file name and metadata of an export.

Change metadata for shared items in Final Cut Pro for Mac - Apple Support

May 14, 2024 3:12 PM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Yes! I have about 68, 30 second clips of products spinning on a turn table in the timeline. Each clip has a corresponding sku name in the first 2 seconds, which I trim off and rename the file. When I go to export each individual clip, by default the file is saved as "project name" which I have change. It would be a lot easier if the default was the file name rather than looking for the file, coping the name, exporting, pasting the new name, and repeat.

May 14, 2024 4:32 PM in response to Paulaulaul

As Tom suggests, if you're not doing anything else to the clips other than trimming, you could just mark an in and and out on each clip in the browser, then select them all and export/share. They will be named their clip name.

Since you've already created a timeline, you could also do a Batch Export from the Timeline using CommandPost. https://commandpost.io

How to export video files with original file names

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.