How do I allow popups? A must have for unemployment.

I have MacBook Air (M1, 2020) using OS 11.5.2 Safari

This is the exact message from Unemployment: it looks like your browser has blocked us from opening a window for you. Please make sure you allow popups from this site and try again.

MacBook Air (M1, 2020)

Posted on May 14, 2024 3:59 PM

8 replies

May 17, 2024 10:27 AM in response to Cate100

I’m not sure what the issue could be. If you’ve authorized the popups for the website, you should no longer see the popup warning. The popup should open automatically.

You mention: MacBook Air (M1, 2020) using OS 11.5.2. The latest version of macOS compatible with your Mac is macOS Sonoma 14.5. Any reason why you wouldn’t upgrade? It might actually fix the issue with the website.

May 17, 2024 10:39 AM in response to Cate100

Cate100 wrote:

Thank you. I did that but when I click on the message, it takes me to another page that is black and says Blocked plug in. I also shut down and restarted the computer.

I don't know about where you live but in the state where I live, the unemployment website looks like it was designed in the early 2000s and hasn't been updated since. And it used some non-standard coding. It was a nightmare. Try using Firefox or Chrome.

How do I allow popups? A must have for unemployment.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.