Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

I am unable to access Applications on my iMac after installing Visual Studio

Please help me. I downloaded an app called visualstudio and now my mac wont allow me to access applications. I remember an error message popping up stating something about restrictive access mode

I am specifically trying to access the textedit.app but something is going on with my system. The applications in the applications folder are faded and wont allow me access.

[Edited by Moderator]

iMac (2017 – 2020)

Posted on May 14, 2024 9:43 PM

4 replies

May 15, 2024 2:03 AM in response to Rubyrubyapple

Rubyrubyapple wrote:

I dont see the correlation but thank you PRP_53. Actually it was solved once I connected to apple support and troubleshooted by going in and out of safe mode, I was able to access the applications.

The correlation between the two questions are TextEdit

The other question specifically requested information related to and quote " Who is wheel? I see system, everyone, and wheel "

You remain welcome just the same

I am unable to access Applications on my iMac after installing Visual Studio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.