Apple Numbers for same cell, how to get two conditional formatting: one for cell color and another for text style?

For same cell, how to get two conditional formatting: one for cell color and another for text style?

Apple Numbers conditional formatting to change cell color only? to allow same cell text style applied by another rule?

iPhone XR, iOS 17

Posted on May 16, 2024 12:35 AM

12 replies

May 16, 2024 6:37 AM in response to Sunnyintoronto123

Are you using the "mountains and sun" icon to upload your pictures?

So if the cell has the word "Stock", you want the cell to be blue? And so on for the other conditions based on the text in the cell? If this is your request and if you know how to make one of these conditional highlights, the others are just as easy to make. Use the "Add a rule" button to create additional rules.

May 18, 2024 12:10 AM in response to Sunnyintoronto123

Hi Sunnyintoronto123,

Your question is vague.

Do you want to show this with Conditional Highlighting?

Until you post a Screen Shot of your table, I am unable to help further.

Your original post shows your profile as iPhone.

Your most recent post says that you are using iPad.

Please ask the people in the iPad forum how to take a Screen Shot : iPad - Apple Community

Or the people in the iPhone forum: iPhone - Apple Community

More information may help us to help you.

Regards,

Ian.

May 16, 2024 1:52 AM in response to SunnyInToronto

For your first question, make two rules for the cell. One that applies background color when the cell meets your criteria and another that applies a text style when it meets a different criteria. Or the second one might be a custom format of color + style if that is what you had in mind. Note that it will apply whichever rule it gets to first that meets its criteria. If your first rule is cell color when the cell is >1 and the second is bold text when it is >2, it will never get to that second rule. You have to rearrange them so >2 is first then >1.

I do not understand your second question about "to allow same cell text style applied by another rule".

May 18, 2024 2:25 AM in response to Yellowbox

I understand your solution is to define rule for each combination of words. For my example, there will be four rules using your method.

I was thinking of using a word to define a rule to minimise rule count to two.

Thanks for useful suggestion; I

however in reality I have five lists. List 1 has 3 items; list 2 has 2 items; list 3 has 2 items, list 4 has 5 items.

it takes time to create rules for my case.

Apple Numbers for same cell, how to get two conditional formatting: one for cell color and another for text style?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.