Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Is there any way to use HomeKit without Apple Devices

Hello, I have the Ethernet problem with apple tv 4k (throttles at 100mbps in sleep mode). I've read it's solved by using homekit, but I don't have any other apple device except the apple tv 4k. Is there any way to use homekit in this situation?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 17

Posted on May 18, 2024 4:33 AM

2 replies

May 18, 2024 7:02 AM in response to teof92

apple tv 4k (throttles at 100mbps in sleep mode)

Apple TV wouldn’t use any bandwidth in sleep mode. Or did you mean something else?

I've read it's solved by using homekit …

Where did you read that? In Apple documentation?

Is there any way to use homekit in this situation?

No. Configuring HomeKit requires the Home app on an iPhone, iPad, or Mac.

The Apple TV box itself is just the home hub, the (passive) permanent home device that links HomeKit smart home accessories to iCloud.

May 18, 2024 7:30 AM in response to Urquhart1244

I am talking about this problem (turning on the apple tv after sleep mode, the Ethernet port can give maximum speed of 100mbits instead of 1000)

Apple TV 4K - Ethernet constantly connect… - Apple Community

Here is the solution using homekit

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/apple-tv-4k-2021-ethernet-switching-between-100-1000mbps-in-sleep-mode.2304654/post-30109622

Here is another one, if you can modify your router settings (I can't)

Apple TV 4K - Ethernet constantly connect… - Apple Community

Is there any way to use HomeKit without Apple Devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.