Apple Pay gained access to my work email account

Suddenly and for no reason I can think of, Apple Pay is now emailing me at my work email address, which I have never associated with my Apple account. E.g.: I will pay for something using Apple Pay, which is associated with my personal email account. Instead of the receipt coming to my personal email account, it's suddenly being sent to my work email. This causes me confusion, to say nothing of I don't think my company needs to know what I'm buying with Apple Pay. I can't figure out how to undo this or how it even happened. It's a bit maddening. Does anyone know how I can take this info/contact point away from Apple Pay?

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on May 18, 2024 7:30 AM

6 replies

May 18, 2024 10:46 AM in response to GGMMolly

Please review your email addresses in your Contacts app on both devices. Depending on your iCloud settings, your contacts may be syncing or not. So, you’ll need to check both devices.

You need to check your <Me> contact card in the Contacts app on both devices. Make sure your business email address is not the first position.

Tap your name and that will take you to the Me contacts screen. Tap edit in the upper right corner of the screen and delete or edit emails as necessary. Make sure to save your edits.

Those websites that already have your business email may need to be edited to use your home/billing address. As a convenience some websites automatically fill in the last information used.

May 18, 2024 10:13 AM in response to Jeff Donald

Hello and thank you for reading my question! I'm using an iPhone 15 Pro Max and a MacBook Pro. I use both for Apple Pay, although my phone more frequently. This started happening a couple of months ago, seemingly out of the blue.

I've scoured my Apple Pay settings and my Apple account and I can't find anywhere that I've indicated my work email address. Also I apologize for what I now see is a misleading question title. I did not mean to suggest that Apple is somehow gained access to my email account. I meant access to send emails to it. Very poorly phrased.

Apple Pay gained access to my work email account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.