Can apple replace fake airpods

I was speaking with someone from Apple support and they said I can schedule an appointment to repair/replace my AirPods even though I said they look faked, the Apple support representative stated it’s genuine because you can’t put Apple care on a non-Apple device. Would Apple still replace the product?

AirPods Pro (2nd generation)

Posted on May 18, 2024 10:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2024 7:47 AM

No, but it is knowingly buying a product from an unauthorized refurbisher/retailer.

your problem doesn’t really have anything to do with Apple. You bought a counterfeit product. Your issue is strictly with the seller.

7 replies

May 22, 2024 8:01 AM in response to marinoa24

marinoa24 wrote:

Buying refurbished for a lower price point is not knowingly buying from a scammer. I was fully expecting a used product but my last refurbished ones lasted me two full years and I figured what the heck. Apple cannot tell if the inside of the AirPod has been changed out. Each AirPod has its own serial number and the case and apples system said they were ok. BECAUSE THEY CANT TELL if they have been modified internally.

Any entity that can manufacture a passible copy of AirPods can trivially also copy valid serial numbers.

Serial numbers are not useful for detecting counterfeits.

Outside of authorized resellers, expect to find counterfeits available, and expect to find counterfeits from online sales across all of the major online sales platforms.

Some background on counterfeits from Adam Savage’s Tested:

May 22, 2024 7:17 AM in response to iPhoneDavid11

Because they took out the insides of the AirPod and replaced it with different speakers and stuff inside of an actual pair of AirPods. It's insanity. I spend all this time doing my due diligence so I don't get scammed just to got scammed because of some huge flaw in their system. Apple can't tell that they replaced the inside of the AirPod until they take it apart.

May 22, 2024 7:38 AM in response to KiltedTim

Buying refurbished for a lower price point is not knowingly buying from a scammer. I was fully expecting a used product but my last refurbished ones lasted me two full years and I figured what the heck. Apple cannot tell if the inside of the AirPod has been changed out. Each AirPod has its own serial number and the case and apples system said they were ok. BECAUSE THEY CANT TELL if they have been modified internally.

Can apple replace fake airpods

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.