Apple Home can’t receive the invitation

I used to share apple home (assume name “Home A”) to my girlfriend (a year ago). Then, in some how “Home A” stop sharing with my girlfriend. I was resend the invitation to my girlfriend, but it doesn’t show anything only girlfriend’s iPhone and her macbook. I try to share “Home B” (my parent’s home) to my girlfriend, surprisingly it can.

What’s happen to my apple home (Home A) anyone have a solution to solve this problem on “Home A”?

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on May 18, 2024 10:47 PM

1 reply

May 20, 2024 9:52 PM in response to pheerasit

Home A might have upgraded the Home architecture and girlfriend’s devices aren’t running the latest software which is determined by if their hardware can run the latest software. So if Home B never did the upgrade it would still work as before. You can’t undo the upgrade, the only solution is to upgrade girlfriends devices. Girlfriend needs to update their software to at least OS 16.2 I believe. Ventura on a Mac

for more info: Upgrade to the new Home architecture - Apple Support

Any device that is connected to an upgraded home and not running the latest software will lose access to the home until the device is updated. This includes people that you invite to control your home.

Apple Home can’t receive the invitation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.