Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to transfer photos from ipad to my computer?

I have the camera connection kit and it works well getting the photos from my camera to the ipad, no troubles there, great to store the photos and clear cards ready for the next day on holidays.

But now I am home again I would like send the photos to my computer. How do I do this please? Your help would be much appreciated

NP r620 AS01au, Windows Vista, SAMSUNG

Posted on Sep 3, 2010 10:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2010 12:32 AM

I also would like to know this. I have a bunch of photos and videos that I would like to sync to my computer. I could email them to myself, but I would rather just sync them, is there a way???
24 replies

Sep 4, 2010 11:09 AM in response to rosiegirl59

Photo Transfer is indeed a good app, but there is a very simple (and FREE) way to accomplish this. I see you're a Windows user, and on Windows when you plug in your iPad, it opens a dialog box that asks you what you want to do with the device you just plugged in. One of the options is "Import Photos and Videos". Just click on it and it will import all of them to your computer.

Sep 4, 2010 11:23 AM in response to virtualgeo

You can also click "Open folder to view files" if you want to view them before importing.

It looks like the ipad stores screenshot photos in .png format. My PC will not display them. What I do is after I connect, I close iTunes, goto "My Computer" and open the ipad as though it is an external drive (clicking "Open folder to view files" bypasses this step but sometimes I close the pop up window too quickly).

I then drag all the photos from the iPad to a folder on my PC. I then open "Picasa" (real nice free photo management software which will find and organize every photo on your computer). Picasa will scan and display all the photos and allow you to manipulate/edit them and then resave them as .jpgs without changing the originals.

It's actually just a couple of click from the time you connect the iPad till you have all your photos available for editing.

Dec 3, 2011 3:57 PM in response to rosiegirl59

I do not know why all of you are buying apps to transfer photos from Ipad to computer when all you need to do is;

1. Connect the Ipad to the computer using USB cable

2. Go to my computer

3. Scroll for Ipad (double click) and all photo should be right there.

But if you wish to use wifi to connect that might be different and would probably be worth the cost of the a $2.99 app. you could meddle with it a bit and try set up an ftp server to and from Ipad as well (thats all photo transfer really is)

Dec 27, 2011 9:52 PM in response to D3 user

Best advice ever D3... FREE of charge and NO app needed. I mulled over all the options out there in cyberspace and app land - and yours was the best. What I did in advance was set up folders in my pictures.. I was on vacation for 11 days and my iPad 2 saved them in Events by date. Hence the folder dates, in my pics, on my PC, Plugged my iPad 2 into my computer with USB, went into "computer". Showed iPad as one of my devices and I Clicked on that and then DCIM came up with all the files on the left hand side. I had 11 of them = 11 day vacation. Click on each of the folders and then select the pictures (Control ALT if more than one) that you want to upload to your PC and then go to EDIT (top/left) - Move to folder... (that you set up in advance or know where you would like to be able to view) and click MOVE... Your pics are now on your PC and deleted from your iPad. Thanks again D3.

How to transfer photos from ipad to my computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.