Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What screen protector do you use? Do you like it? Looking for a clear one

I recently purchased an iphone 4, and I'd like a screen protector for it. I have a tendency to accidently put my phone in pockets filled with change, golf tees, keys, and all sorts of scratchy objects, and I'd rather not risk it.

The choices seem pretty limited actually.
AT&T sells a clear one for ~$10. How is it?
Top rated one on Amazon is from Splash. Anyone use that one?
Invisibleshield has just horrific ratings. Out of 70 purchases, 47 have been 1 star/5

I'm interested in:
Clear
Inexpensive
Doesn't cover the front facing camera

Any recommendations?

PS: (I know this question has been asked before, but not since august, and inventories have changed since then)

iPhone 4, iOS 4

Posted on Sep 6, 2010 7:08 PM

30 replies

Sep 6, 2010 7:33 PM in response to gtexan

I like the ATT screen protectors. I had trouble getting one installed last friday and after ruining three in a row, (more on this later,) I went to Best Buy and purchased Zagg IS full body for both mine and my wife's IP4 29.00 each for shield and 12.99 each for installation, 91 dollars total. After two days and much bubbling and peeling from bumber case I took both back and got a full refund. I went back to ATT and purchased 2 packs of screen protectors. With my Government discount that was 10 dollars for 6 screen protectors. The ATT guy gave me a hint about using scotch tape to get any trapped dust out by lifting the screen protector and touching the dust spect with the tape and I now have 2 perfectly covered screens and 4 spares. My home is happy once again.

Sep 7, 2010 12:45 AM in response to gtexan

When I first purchased my iPhone 4, ATT put their clear screen protector on it before I left the store. I absolutely hated it! The corners lifted, it showed too much smudging and fingerprints, and was hard to keep clean and clear. I read a lot of reviews about the Zagg Full Body Invisible shield and was also told by people that use it that they are the best. The full body protection costs $30 plus tax and has a lifetime guarantee/warranty should anything happen to it. If you only want to cover the front it is $20 plus tax. I put it on myself by following the directions and I absolutely love it. There is a process that goes into applying the Zagg and if not done correctly, you WILL have problems with it. You can't just apply the Zagg and then immediately put a case or bumper on the phone, this will cause the corners and edges to come up because it has not cured to the phone yet. I highly recommend the Zagg. It stays clear, not a lot of fingerprints or smudges, and stays in place. Also, it doesn't cover the front facing camera or the rear facing camera and LED flash.

Sep 7, 2010 3:13 AM in response to Dave Williams

Tried a couple of the Zagg invisible shield, both full body and screen only. They just didn't last, and would start to come off around the edges from taking the phone in and out of my pocket. Then I used to use the Incipio Feather case on my 3g and got screen protectors with it and additional ones from ebay that are only a few pence and replaced them every few weeks. Case very slim, protected my phone fine during a few drops and really liked it.

My free case has just shipped from apple SPECK PIXELSKIN HD IPHONE 4 - BLACK-ZML
If I don't like it I will get the iPhone 4 version of the Incipio feather and use screen protectors as well.

Sep 7, 2010 7:55 AM in response to RNPic

What you say can be true about the zagg invisible shield, but do you have the orange peel effect? Many people seems to have problem with this, and I find my self annoying with the orange peel effect. Sure, it may stay clear but you have to keep wiping them as they tend to get greasy over time. I've used bodyguards screen protectors (same exact material used by zagg, and is also a wet type, but they now have dry applications as well). And I did not like the fact that once they were fully dried, sure it stays clear, but once you touch your face with it, and use it over time, surely it will get grease on it and you will have to clean it out.

I highly recommend powersupport screen protectors, they are really good and good quality. Right now i'm using my first set of HD anti-glare screen protoctors and I have installed it so well that I don't need to take it off. Of course if you happen to get some dust in it, all you need to do is use a tape and stick it on one corner to lift the screen protector and use another set of tape, roll it (sticky side out), and run along the screens and the screen protector where the dust is sticking and surely it removes the dust.

Sep 7, 2010 11:32 AM in response to gtexan

I tested almost every protector and so far Power Support is the best. Wasted 3 ZAGG's shield, not going back for another one.

I also like SGP shields . Both Oleophobic and Gloss type are good choices but currently out of stock.

I've also got Griffin but haven't applied it yet so can't say for sure but looks good.

Sep 7, 2010 2:22 PM in response to gtexan

I enthusiastically suggest Power Support's Crystal protector although it's certainly not inexpensive at $24.99 (I think that included shipping?). I like it because it doesn't change the tactile feel of the touch screen, is not overly prone to smudging, and does not affect the retina display's quality. I subsequently bought Power Support's Anti-Glare protector for my iPad but don't like it as well because it changes the feel of the iPad's touchscreen and changes the quality of the display somewhat. FWIW, I tried Speck's less expensive screen protector before splurging for the Power Support one and it was a waste of money. You get what you pay for with screen protectors.

Sep 7, 2010 5:00 PM in response to gtexan

Screen protectors are really a waste of money; I haven't used one since I had my 3G, and I've never had a scratch on my screen. Screen protectors won't prevent the screen breaking if you drop your phone, and the glass screen is sufficiently robust to withstand the ordinary scrapes and knocks of day-to-day life. Unless you're throwing the thing into a blender or a bucket of bolts all day long, a decent case is all the protection you really need. YMMV.

What screen protector do you use? Do you like it? Looking for a clear one

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.