Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How much should I sell my 2nd Gen iPod touch 16GB?

I have a 2nd Gen iPod touch 16GB and I've had it for 2 years. I plan to buy the 4th Gen iPod touch, but I first need to sell the 2nd Gen iPod touch. So I was wondering how much is it worth after two years and how much should I sell it for? I won't use eBay to sell the iPod touch and I might sell it locally. Basically, the device is used, but in good condition. The screen is still like new with no scratches, but the back of the device has a lot of scratches on it. The battery is good and I have everything I got in the box, except for the headphones and the cleaning cloth.

Any suggestions?

A1286, Mac OS X (10.6.4), MacBook Pro (Late 2009)

Posted on Sep 7, 2010 7:13 AM

2 replies

Sep 7, 2010 7:57 AM in response to studabaker

I have the same ipod as you do, though I could never sell it.

Being that it is so old now, and even with minimal scratches, it lowers value, I'd say you'd get $75-$100 MAX if you are LUCKY. don't try and shoot too high. If you are selling locally, you could always start it off at $100 and just go for a best offer.

How much should I sell my 2nd Gen iPod touch 16GB?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.