Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 Poor Battery Life? (Usage stats included)

I've made appointments at the Genius Bar and they said it was okay, however when I called Apple they said it was low battery life for an iPhone 4 so I'm kind of left hanging. I occasionally play games, but probably no more than 10 minutes or so. I mostly just use data for internet. Brightness is on 1/4, fetch email every hour, never more than 8 apps left in the multitasking bar. iOS 4.1.

I compared with my friend still with a 3GS and it doesn't seem like mine is any better. I've restored it as a new phone and have done multiple charge cycles. Current usage is below.

36% battery right now
4 hours and 26 minutes of usage
1 day 19 hours of standby

Is this normal? And if you can, please post your usage stats too. Thanks.

HP Pavilion dv7-1245dx, iOS 4

Posted on Sep 13, 2010 7:04 PM

44 replies

Sep 14, 2010 1:44 PM in response to GeorgeAngelo

Battery life seems OK to me (iPhone 4 + iOS 4.1)

-Wifi always On (At home and work, day and night)
-Push Notifications On (Game Center, Sportacular Pro, Beejive IM, Facebook, Paypal, eBay)
-2 Exchange accounts (Gmail and work account. Fetching e-mails, calendars and contacts every 30 minutes)
-1 IMAP account (fetching e-mails and notes every 30 minutes)
-Location On (Used everytime I post on Twitter, which means often in a day)
-Brightness 50% (Auto-Brightness On)

http://image.bayimg.com/iaoloaaco.jpg

Sep 14, 2010 6:28 PM in response to dominicmondello

Ok was that just using it as an ipod the whole time? I get almost 7 hours of use with heavy usage, surfing using wifi, edge, playing games, watching video and other things. Also texting constantly as well. The only way you could get 6 hours and have 55% left is you were just listening to music the whole time. Sorry but bad example if that is all you were doing.

iPhone 4 Poor Battery Life? (Usage stats included)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.